3 Easy ways To Get a Student(F-1) Visa for America

Many foreign Students through Out the World have a dream to study higher education in America.  If you want to pursue in an American Schools or colleges/Universities then you need to apply for American Student(F-1) Visa to enter USA. most of the students rejects F1 Study Visa. then Our Immigration Lawyer NYC  will help you to get a Student Visa easily. There are Two types of Student visas for USA.

Student Visa for USA


From the above image we came to know that there are two types of USA Student visas. They are:

  •  F-1 Visa–> for Full time Courses like MBA, MS, MD in University/College.
  • M-1 Visa–> for Short Time Courses or Vocational Training Program for 1 year only.

The Following are the steps to apply for Student (F-1) Visa and required documents to file F1 Visa application form:


1) You must know Basic English. No felony or deportation cases against you to file F1 Visa Application form.

2) You must have a Passport from your Country and proof to show your sufficient Expenditure to study or live in the   USA.

3) If you want to pursue MS, MBA OR Doctor(MD) courses you must get a Bachelor or graduate certification without any backlogs

4) You must write a Qualifying Test like GRE, TOEFL Exams to get admission in an American colleges/Universities.

                          F-1 Visa Application Procedure 

Asain American student sitting on bench with books in hall between classes
US Student Visa

1) The first step in obtaining an F-1 visa is being accepted for enrollment in a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified school in the U.S. For a list of SEVP approved schools, please visit the official U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website.
Please note: Each respective school’s application provides detailed information about the requirements necessary to apply for their program of study. For example, if you are applying for a graduate program, most schools will require that the student complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) examinations. If a student is applying for an undergraduate program, most schools will require the SAT exam. The GMAT is required when a foreign student intends to apply for an MBA program in the United States, and the GMAT is generally required when a student intends to pursue a master’s degree in other fields. If the student is considering applying for a law degree, he will be required to take the Law School Aptitude Test (LSAT) or the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) if he or she intends to pursue medical school.

After a student has provided the school with any required test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation, fees, etc., the student will be informed whether or not he or she has been admitted. If the student has been admitted, the school will provide the student with a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status form, commonly referred to as the I-20 form, which the student will need to bring along with their acceptance letter from the school, educational certificates, proof of funds, etc. to the U.S. Consulate. Upon review, the Consular Officer will either accept or deny the student’s application. Upon arrival to the school, the student should contact their International Student Advisor for further information as soon as possible.

Student Visa tips


How long can I stay in the U.S. on my F-1 student visa?

Usually on an F-1 student visa, you may stay as long as you are enrolled as a full-time student, even if the F-1 visa authorization date in your passport expires while you are in the U.S. Upon completion of your studies, you may remain for approximately one additional year, if you are approved to pursue optional practical training in the U.S. Upon completion of your program or optional practical training, you have 60 days to depart from the U.S. or change your status.

Can my wife and children accompany me to the U.S. on an F-1 visa?

Yes, You can.
Eg: Your spouse and children under twenty- one (21) years of age can accompany you to the United States. However, your spouse and children are not allowed to work, unless they change their status to another visa category.
If you have an extremely complex immigration or deportation matter or if you have any problems to get F1 Student visa, please call to New york Immigration attorneys Gehi & Associates today at 718-263-5999 for a FREE CONSULTATION.


US Immigration Tips | How to become a US Citizen Copyright © by immigrationquestion. All Rights Reserved.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *