2 Process to Extend US Visit Visa And Avoid Overstay

USA Visit or Tourist (B1/B2) Visa: If you want to visit family members or friends in the USA OR want to visit American locations or Business meetings then you need to get a B1/B2 Visa. on this visitor B1/B2 visa you can stay maximum of Six(6) years in the US. after your B1/B2 visa expiration you must leave the Country if not you may meet deportation problem. Our experienced Deportation attorney NYC   will solve your legal immigration problems and guide you to get out from overstayed problem.

B1 Visa extend

If you want to extend your B1/B2 visitor Visa further next 6 months, then  Our Immigration attorney NYC     will guide you to step by step method to extend your Visa period as follows:

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the authority that approves all the requests of extension in the business visit visa (B1) or tourism/medical (B2) visa.

Step 1: You must check the date in the bottom right hand corner of the Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record to determine the last day of your allowed stay in the US. You must apply using Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status at least 6 weeks prior to expiry of your stay in the United States.


Required Documents for B1/B2 visa extension:

  • Completed I-539 Form (PDF format) or file I-539 Online using USCIS Electronic Immigration System (ELIS)
    In case of using USCIS ELIS system, here are the instructions to submit your application for extension.
  • Valid passport
  • Documents to prove availability of funds during the extended stay such as bank statement for financial records.
  • A letter explaining the reasons for requesting extension in stay, your arrangements to return at the end of temporary stay and how extension will not affect your status in your country of residence.
  • Copy of your return tickets to demonstrate you will return at the end of your extended stay.
  • Pay correct fee for visitor visa (B1-B2) extension fee is $290. Please check USCIS website for correct fee as processing fees can change without any notice.
  • Copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Document of each applicant.


If Visa extension is denied, Please consult our Immigration Lawyer NYC to get B1/B2 or any other US Immigration help

In case your application to get extension in the visit visa is denied, you will receive letter explaining the reasons for rejecting your application. You must leave the US as soon as possible to avoid overstaying your visa and risking deportation and denial of entry to US in future.


** Before you plan to Visit USA, please Contact US Or you take legal immigration advice or US Visa help from our immigration law firm, “Gehi and Associates”.




US Immigration Tips | How to become a US Citizen Copyright © by immigrationquestion. All Rights Reserved.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *